ECTS Application Instructions
The following directions should help you get started in applying for a program at ECTS. You will need to sit down with your parent/guardian to complete the process.
- Access the ECTS website: https://www.ects.org/
- Click the Complete an ECTS Application orange button at the top of the page. If you or your parent/guardian want more information on the admissions process, click on the apply pencil button located further down on the ECTS website.
- The first time you access the application page you will have to set up your family parent/guardian account on the right side of the page. In future visits, you can just log back in again using the account information on the left. You can start an application and finish it later if you need additional time by saving it. You will also use this website to complete the registration process if you are accepted.
- After the family parent/guardian account has been created you can click on Begin Your Application to start a new application. Students need their school email address, first name, last name, and date of birth to begin the application process.
- As you go through the application, you will be able to update your demographic information.
- One of the screens will allow you to select the career major you are applying to and a possible 2nd choice. There are links to the videos that highlight details if you or your parent/guardian need more information on each career major.
- Two teacher recommendations are required as part of the admission process. To obtain these recommendations you need the names and email addresses of your teachers and your school counselor.
- Once all your information has been entered, make sure to SUBMIT it for consideration. You can return to the application page to check on your recommendations or to see where your application is in the process. Application decisions are mailed at the end of February or the beginning of March.
- Applications for the 2024/2025 school year can be submitted beginning in November. The Priority Application Deadline is in mid-December.
- If you have any questions, please contact the MIHS Guidance Office.
Thank you for your interest in ECTS!
If you need support for an emergency/urgent concern:
- Crisis Services: (814) 456-2014
- SAFE 2 SAY: (844) 723-2729